The TECNO PHANTOM X2 Pro 5G, the company’s flagship handset with the first retractable portrait lens and renewable fiber back design, was released by TECNO after the TECNO PHANTOM X2 was released in India. An improved version of the PHANTOM X2 5G, which was released earlier this month, is the PHANTOM X2 Pro 5G. The brand officially enters the luxury smartphone market with the release of the PHANTOM X2 series.
The PHANTOM X2 Pro 5G’s features and highlights include a 4nm Dimensity 9000 5G SoC, which is available for the first time in India in the PHANTOM X2 Series, a 120 Hz AMOLED display, dual main cameras that are 50 MP + 50 MP and have Samsung JNV and Samsung JN1 sensors, respectively, 2.5x optical zoom, OIS support, and a whopping 12 GB RAM and 256 GB storage.
Similar to its sister PHANTOM X2, the TECNO PHANTOM X2 Pro 5G features a unibody double-curved design with a 3.5D lunar crater (inspired by Moon Crater) stained glass on the back and the first sustainable fiber back constructed of plastic bottles collected in the Indian Ocean (applicable for Mars Orange color). Mars Orange and Stardust Grey are the two outer space-inspired hues available for the smartphone.
The 6.8-inch dual-curved AMOLED display on the TECNO PHANTOM X2 features Full HD+ resolution (1080 x 2400 pixels) and 120 Hz refresh rate. The display also has a 93.5% screen-to-body ratio, 8+2 bit color depth, TÜV SÜD 36-month display fluency, P3 wide color gamut, 360 Hz touch-sampling rate, and Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection.
A 50 MP f/1.9 camera with a Samsung GNV sensor, a 50 MP f/1.49 camera with a retractable 65mm portrait lens, and a 13 MP ultra-wide Samsung 3L6 camera are all found on the front of the TECNO PHANTOM X2 Pro 5G camera. The camera has optical image stabilization (OIS) and a 2.5x optical zoom. A 32 MP f/2.5 selfie camera with LED flash is located on the front.
In terms of hardware, the TECNO PHANTOM X2 Pro 5G is equipped with an octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 9000 SoC (ARM Cortex-X2, Cortex-A710, Cortex-A510 CPU) clocked up to 3.05 GHz and a Mali-G710 MC10 GPU. The phone is only available in one configuration, which includes 256 GB of internal UFS 3.1 storage and 12 GB of LPDDR5 RAM with Extended RAM. MicroSD card compatibility is not included.
With a 5,160 mAh battery and a 45W Super Charge fast charger, the TECNO PHANTOM X2 can charge to 50% in 20 minutes. The smartphone supports a dual SIM 5G network and comes pre-installed with HiOS 12, which is based on Android 12.
Commenting on the new entrant of its flagship series, Arijeet Talapatra, CEO, TECNO Mobile India, said, “The premium segment, above 30K, is witnessing significant growth since 2022 and recorded its highest-ever growth rate of 12% for the period Jan to Nov 22 Vs 21. With that as the backdrop, we are creating an aggressive portfolio under the Phantom series, addressing these new-age consumer needs. With each Phantom product, we are further advancing our technology specifications while maintaining a balance of aesthetics and style. With the launch of PHANTOM X2 Pro 5G, we are offering World’s First Retractable portrait camera. The idea is to deliver premium experiences to more and more people for whom their smartphone is the primary gadget for professional photography on the go. Also as 5G is rolling out in different Indian cities and is playing a catalyst in driving effective telecommunications, this is the most suitable time for the smartphone players for bringing in a premium robust 5G-enabled smartphone provision.”
TECNO PHANTOM X2 Pro 5G Specifications
- Display: 6.8-inch AMOLED display, Full HD+ resolution (1080 x 2400 pixels), 120 Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Software: HiOS 12 UI, Android 12
- CPU: 4nm MediaTek Dimensity 9000 octa-core SoC clocked up to 3.05 GHz (ARM Cortex-X2, Cortex-A710, Cortex-A510) CPU)
- GPU: Mali-G710 MC10 Graphics
- Memory: 12 GB LPDDR5 RAM with Extended RAM feature
- Storage: 256 GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, no microSD support
- Main Camera: Triple Cameras (50 MP f/1.49 Samsung ISOCELL 3.0 GNV + 50 MP f/1.5 Samsung ISOCELL JN1 65mm + 13 MP f/2.2 ultra-wide), 5P + 1G lens, OIS support, PDAF, LED flash
- Selfie Camera: 32 MP f/2.5, LED flash
- Others: USB Type-C, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, GPS/GLONASS, NFC, in-display Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock,
- Cellular: 5G network, dual-SIM dual standby, VoLTE support
- Battery & Charging: 5,160 mAh battery, 45W Super Charge fast charging, 50% charge in 20 minutes
- Colors: Mars Orange, Stardust Grey
The TECNO PHANTOM X2 Pro 5G is priced at $600 for its 12 GB RAM and 256 GB storage variant and will be available for pre-booking on Amazon India and retail touchpoints starting from 17th January 2023. The launch offer includes 6 months of no-cost EMI, 12 months of Amazon Prime membership, free TECNO gift hamper for the first 600 customers.
TECNO PHANTOM X2 Pro 5G Price in India, Availability, & Offers
- Price: $600 (12 GB + 256 GB)
- Availability: 17th January 2023 pre-booking, sale on 24th January 2023, on Amazon India and retail stores touchpoints
- Offers: 6-month no-cost EMI, 12-month Amazon Prime membership, Free TECNO gift hamper for the first 600 customers.
Leave a Reply