According to the firm, the phones that will receive the Android 12 upgrade are the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T. The Oxygen OS 12 Open Beta 1 is back in the download queue after being suspended previously.
Anyone with a OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, or OnePlus 7T Pro smartphone can access the beta version, which brings all new Android 12 capabilities.
The beta is available to any user using Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124, however, they must have at least 4 GB of free storage. The good news is that you can quickly revert to the Android 11 build if it doesn’t work out for you.
All OnePlus 7 phones running Oxygen OS 12 beta 1 will include the following features:
- newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology;
- redesigns app icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons;
- revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and optimizing the presentation of text and color to make key information stand out;
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers;
- Optimized spam block rules: add a rule for blocking MMS messages.
- newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer;
- We have added a voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real-time.
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience.
- new additional style options for cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read;
- We have newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, settings, Media Data, etc.
- Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings;
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization.
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing.
- For a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals;
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment;
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures.
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general;
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.